Why did they come?

John
World war 1and2
1.what did we do? We went to different stations to learn about ww1and2 we also leant about how they got here
2.what did I learn?Station 1I learnt that befor ww1 Germany Russia and Austria were next to each other then after ww1 they al lost a bit of there country
Station 3 I also learnt when people came to Australia they had fill out a form with there details station 2british people only had to pay 10pounds to come to Australia
3.what am I wondering?why did the British choose Australia when there are more country’s to go to?

Fiona/candida
1.what did we do? We played a game it was called the gold rush I did not find any gold
2.what did I learn?there are two gold mines the gold rush is in ballerat the gold rush started in1865
3.what am I wondering? Why do people want so much gold and money

Celie/Erin
1.what did we do? We went to different stations and we looked at pictures
2.what did we learn? I learnt that the English had too many convicts so they asked America but they said no so they found land
3.what am I wondering? Why did they have so many convicts

Robert/Danni
1.what did we do? We watched a video about aboriginal
2.what did I learn?we learnt about aboriginal art food cloths and weapons
3.what am I wondering? How did the aboriginal people survive for 30 thousand years

Bec/troy
Asylum seeker
1.what did we learn? I learnt that Australia only takes 0.29 percent refugees a asylum seeker is someone that as been prosecuted
2.what did I do? We looked at what is a refugee and what is a asylum seeker
3.what am I wondering?why do they need permission to come to Australia

Paul
Vietnamese boat people

20140721-122921.jpg

1.what did we do? We read a story and maid a origarmie boat
2.what did I learn? That Vietnam still has war in the north and the south pirates are real
3.what am I wondering?how did the war start why are they fighting over a disagreement